ECI REC’s contractors, Highline Construction and Power Systems Engineer, continue their work to strengthen 246 miles of overhead distribution power lines in 105 separate projects. Click here for the full story.
To keep you as informed as possible, ECI will send out automated voice messages to members in the area where Highline will be working. In addition, each Monday or Tuesday we will be posting the current work areas of our staking and construction contractors on ECI’s Web and Facebook pages.
Updates for the week starting September 24
Highline Construction will be working in the following Buchanan County areas the week starting September 24:
- Middlefield Township, Sections 20, 29, and 32, and Newton Township, Sections 5-8 (5.55 miles) along the avenues of Union, Upper, and Tucker.
In addition to the above ongoing FEMA project, Highline Construction will begin working on several larger single-phase extension projects, which are non-FEMA projects, in the following areas the week starting September 24:
- Buchanan County, Cono Township, north of Cono School on Co. Rd. W35
- Fayette County, Fremont Township, Section 25, near the intersection northeast of 80th St. and T Ave.
Retire and rebuild projects completed in Buchanan County to date total 35.21 miles, for an estimated investment of $676,032.
Retired and rebuild projects completed to date have occurred in locations of:
- Freemont Township Sections 5, 6, 11, 14, and 15 (5.09 miles)
- Liberty Township Sections 15-18, 21-22, and 24 (8.02 miles)
- Madison Township Sections 2-3, 10-11, 28, 31-34, and 43 (6.93 miles)
- Middlefield Township Sections 28 and 32 (1.66 miles)
- Newton Township Sections 7 and 17 (8.75 miles)
- Putnam Township Section 21 and 34-35 (1.93 miles)
- Cono Township Section 24 (2.83 miles)
Below: The top map shows the section (circled in blue) that will be under construction starting September 24 in Fremont Township; the bottom map shows the section under construction in Cono.