Application portals are now open for five scholarships offered by the the Glenn English National Cooperative Leadership Foundation. One $10,000 and four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students and Youth Tour alumni working on their first undergraduate degree program.
The award encourages educational advancement by awarding higher education scholarships to eligible students who have shown a commitment to the Seven Cooperative Principles. In 2014, ECI REC Youth Tour alum Dustin Toale, a University of Northern Iowa real estate and finance major, received one of the $1,000 scholarships.
Applications are available here. The deadline to apply is April 1. Winners will be chosen in mid-July, and awards will be distributed in August. If you have any questions, please contact Beth Knudson at Beth.Knudsonfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a US citizen
- Have participated in NRECA’s Youth Tour program
- Have received academic credits equal to at least one year of college
- Have completed at least one semester at an accredited university or college as a full-time student
- Enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university or college by the application deadline of April 1, 2016
- Be working on completing his/her first undergraduate degree*
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA
- Civic, volunteer, and political activities
- Leadership skills
- Involvement in cooperative-based programs and activities
*Individuals pursuing a second undergraduate degree and/or any higher degrees are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.